At The Vintage Jeweller we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide products and services you have requested from us. We will never sell your data on to third parties. Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), which comes into place from May 2018, we are required to inform you as to the lawful basis under which we process your personal data.
References to you imply the person whose personal information we collect, use and process. This includes anyone who visits our websites, contacts us in relation with the purchase of a website and/or goods or services we provide, or otherwise interacts with us (e.g. contact enquiry form).
We may track your interactions with The Vintage Jeweller via e-mail and text activity and record phone calls for quality and training purposes. For further information please visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
References to our website implies any website owned and operated by or on behalf of The Vintage Jeweller.
Your personal information will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 up to the 24th May 2018 and going forward, the EU General Data Protection Regulations (collectively referenced as the Data Protection Legislation) and other applicable law and regulation.
Who are The Vintage Jewellers?
At ‘The Vintage Jeweller’ we understand that for most people buying jewellery is a serious, long-term investment. More specifically, we recognise that buying jewellery online, without the luxury of trying the jewellery on for look and feel, can be a daunting experience. Therefore, unlike large retailers, we seek to offer a personalised experience in which customer service and satisfaction lie at the forefront of everything we do. When you pick up the phone or write an email rest assured that you will be speaking to the owners of the business who cherish the values of honesty and transparency. From the moment you land on our website until the checkout we hope to provide a smooth, easy and secure shopping experience. At no point in the purchasing process will we try and force you to buy something that will not satisfy your criteria and, of course, if you are unsatisfied with any of our products for any reason we offer a ‘no-fuss, no-quibbles’ 100% return policy. Our goal is to use our experience and expertise to find the right piece of jewellery for the right person. It is this quality of service and peace of mind that keeps our customers coming back again and again.
Information we may collect
Information we may collect about you includes your name, date of birth, address, contact details (including email and phone numbers), website details, purchase history and data collected as part of any application or payment. This information is referred to as personal information.
Several different methods by which we may collect your personal information include:
- Information collected through forms completed both in person or on our Website.
• A copy of your driving licence or ID when we submit your order for verification.
• When you enquire or purchase goods/services we collect personal information to respond to your enquiry and process your purchase.
• Information of transactions you have processed with us including services and purchases of jewellery and other goods.
• Information contained in and records of communication between us including emails, text messages, letters and recorded phone calls.
• Records of your visits to our Website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, IP address and the resources that you access.
• Your marketing preferences.
Processing personal information
We use your personal information in relation to our business activities. In particular, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To respond to your query regarding the possible purchase of goods or services.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contract between you and us including the purchase of websites and provision of services, and to respond to query from you regarding those such contract.
• To manage and administer the relationship between you and us.
• To obtain feedback from you regarding us.
• To provide you with information about updates, services, promotions and offers that may be of interest to you.
• Contact you via digital methods such as e-mails, Whatsapp and SMS.
Our lawful basis for processing personal data
At The Vintage Jeweller we may lawfully process your personal data under one of three options:
- Art. 6 (1) (a) Consent: In circumstances where you have provided us with a freely given, informed and specific choice to allow The Vintage Jeweller to process your data, consent will be the lawful basis under which we process your data.
- Art. 6 (1) (b) Contract: If you have entered or are in the process of entering into a contract with The Vintage Jeweller, your personal data may be processed if it is necessary for performance of the contract or is in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- Art. 6 (1) (f) Legitimate interest: If you have completed or negotiated a sale with The Vintage Jeweller, you may have your personal data processed for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by The Vintage Jeweller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data.
o To balance your fundamental rights and freedoms with The Vintage Jeweller commercial interests, you will be informed that you may receive marketing communications for similar products and services at the point enquiry or purchase and will be given the ability to opt-out of further processing at any subsequent point in the relationship by visiting www.thevintagejeweller.co.uk/opt-out. You may also call us or contact our Data Protection Team who will complete the online opt-out for you.
Sharing personal data
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with our business activities, including in the following circumstances:
- To third parties that provide services to us such as marketing activities.
• To external organisations for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud and criminal activities.
• To third party finance companies for the purposes of them providing you with finance. These organisations may carry out credit checks and may disclose your data to credit reference agencies for that purpose.
• To third party providers of insurance products if you take up the option of purchasing one of those products.
• We may pass your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any agreements we have with or otherwise concerning you or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, employees or other third parties.
• We may pass your personal information to the relevant payment gateway providers relating to your order. They may contact you directly regarding your purchase to obtain confirmation of your identify and order.
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have several rights available to you in respect of your personal information. These are the rights to:
• Request copies of your data.
• Rectification of your data.
• Erasure of your data.
• Object to us or restrict the processing of your data.
• Where our systems allow, give electronic access to copies of your data in a digital format.
Except as required by law, we will not use or disclose your personal information for any purpose for which you have not given us your consent or have requested to no longer be communicated to on a legitimate interest basis. If you object or ask to restrict the processing of your data, you agree that despite this we may continue to use the personal information previously provided to us to the extent that we are contractually obligated to do so and to the extent necessary to enforce any contractual obligations you may have, for example a financial agreement.
We retain your personal information for seven years from the point of purchasing a website from us, or two years from the point of last communication. We take steps to ensure any business we work with has security protocols and policies in place to manage and record your data privacy and preferences correctly and that your data is stored securely. The security of your data is paramount. Documentation can be supplied on request from by contact us, details of whom can be found below.
The Vintage Jeweller reserves the right to update or amend this data privacy notice in line with customer feedback or updates in legislation and it will be published at www.thevintagejeweller.co.uk